A few words with Joe from Vogue Financial
Meet Joe. He’s the founder of Vogue Financial and the man behind helping hundreds of people realise their financial potential and make dreams come true. We chatted with him about what he loves most about his job, his business, and all that comes with it. Here’s what he had to say…
WHAT MADE YOU WANT TO GET INTO THIS BUSINESS?
I identified a need in the financial services industry, where people were too busy to run around to find a good mortgage broker or a good insurance broker or a financial planner, so I thought about a way to bring these individual categories together and provide them holistically under the one roof.
WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST ABOUT YOUR JOB?
Seeing the smile, content and sometimes relief on the face of a happy customer after we’ve improved their personal financial position and enhanced their lifestyle.
WHAT ARE SOME COMMON MISCONCEPTIONS PEOPLE HAVE IN REGARDS TO MORTGAGE BROKERS?
People often think that they charge excessive fees or provide biased advice or recommendations toward a favoured lender who may pay more commission. Some customers also believe that we expect them to know more about the industry – this isn’t the case at all.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BIGGEST ADVANTAGES FOR CHOOSING VOGUE FINANCIAL?
- We are privately owned
- Across our business, we are strategic advisers and we look to understand your situation goals and objectives and implement strategies that focus on those. Products are therefore simply tools that we use where needed to implement the strategy and we have the ability to recommend an expansive list of products from an large list of providers, so you get the an appropriate and effective offering.
- Have access to over 26 different lenders.
- Fee free service and we do all the paperwork.
- Ability to introduce other services such as financial planning and insurance.
- Strong relationships with lenders for quick approvals.
- Work after hours and weekends, and we come to you.
WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS IN DOING WHAT YOU DO?
- We helped someone that was close to bankruptcy, with a wife and two kids, get back on his feet. His house is now almost paid off.
- We have educated a first homebuyer on securing his first property, and he now has several in so many years.
- Restructuring a savvy investor’s loan portfolio and saved almost $40,000 per annum in fees, interest and charges. Assisting a semi-retired couple transition into their pension phase and release equity to pay down debts
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY TO PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY CAN’T AFFORD TO OWN THEIR OWN HOME?
Don’t commit to anything above your means. Everyone has a budget and that is dependent upon income and expenditure. You need to make sacrifices at some stages in life and getting into the right mortgage to buy a property is one of them. It may not be a prestige waterfront property, but it’s what you can afford. It’s a small price to pay for a future financial benefit if done correctly.
WHAT ARE YOUR TOP FIVE TIPS FOR PEOPLE IN THE MARKET FOR A MORTGAGE?
1. Make your mortgage broker work hard in negotiating the best possible deal. It’s an extremely competitive market.
2. Ensure your broker is fully licenced and accredited to the industry body and credit ombudsman.
3. Consider your option to fix or not to fix your loan – dependent upon your investment strategy and what you are using the property for.
4. Consider paying principle and interest or interest only on the loan and get scenarios for both options.
5. Ask your broker for testimonials & levels of experience and be sure to ask plenty of questions about the lenders the broker recommends and why they are better suited to your circumstances